horizontal dynamo top1

All banners are advertisements only. FIB does not endorse or vouch for any advertisers.

horizontal navi rotating-eisntein

Thread: whether you like positive or negative slippage?

Elite Member

whether you like positive or negative slippage?

dynamo - First and lasp post every thread AXITrader aff
    Slippage is when an order is filled at a price that is different than the requested price.

Most conversations I hear regarding slippage tend to speak about it in a negative light, when in reality, this normal market occurrence can be a good thing for traders. when orders are sent out to be filled by a liquidity provider or bank, they are filled at the best available price whether the fill price is above or below the price requested.

To put this concept into a numerical example, letís say we attempt to buy the EURUSD at the current market rate of 1.3650. When the order is filled, there are 3 potential outcomes.

Outcome #1 (No Slippage)

The order is submitted and the best available buy price being offered is 1.3650 (exactly what we requested), the order is then filled at 1.3650.

Outcome #2 (Positive Slippage)

The order is submitted and the best available buy price being offered suddenly changes to 1.3640 (10 pips below our requested price) while our order is executing, the order is then filled at this better price of 1.3640.

Outcome #3 (Negative Slippage)

The order is submitted and the best available buy price being offered suddenly changes to 1.3660 (10 pips above our requested price)while our order is executing, the order is then filled at this price of 1.3660.

Anytime we are filled at a different price, it is called slippage. I now get maximum profit with an average positive slippage in TICKMILL.

2. Under 1st Post -dynamo
    Moslem

It break my trading confident makes me emotional trader. Thatís way, I totally hate slippage. Before, I used a non regulated trading platform there faced this problem. When, when I started to use TradingBanks broker, still I never face this kind of problem in their quickest trading platform. In addition, there is no extra fee or additional charge.

Definitely Iím against on trading slippage. Because, I seem itís a great problem. But the good news is, I get no slippage guarantee from TradingBanks broker. In addition, I never faced any slippage on any trading instruments into this honest trading broker. I am also sensitive on trading spread and requotes.

negative slipage is common and sometimes happen if we use ECN/STP/ Variable spreads broker
    but i am surprised i got positive, yes positive slipage when i trade with Tickmill
    only twice i have experience of positive slipage,
    once with FXCM
    second with tickmill

I donít prefer slippage at all because I believe in genuine mode of trading and thatís why I donít waste time on getting lucky. Also, itís not possible to be comfortable with such scenario. I go with OctaFX broker who are regulated by FCA and are a true ECN too for which they have won the award as well. I operate on their ECN account which can be operated with as low as 20 dollars and comes with minimum slippage, re quote or any such thing.

box - einstein 250x250
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Lucas View Post
    I donít prefer slippage at all because I believe in genuine mode of trading and thatís why I donít waste time on getting lucky. Also, itís not possible to be comfortable with such scenario. I go with OctaFX broker who are regulated by FCA and are a true ECN too for which they have won the award as well. I operate on their ECN account which can be operated with as low as 20 dollars and comes with minimum slippage, re quote or any such thing.
    There are many traders who are prefering slippage for their trading work and happy to work with it. But there is no connection of broker within this slippage and profit of market.